I will meet with you and your birth partner 1-3 times before labor to become acquainted, familiarize myself with the kind of birth experience you wish to have, discuss your priorities, options, concerns, and going over any questions you may have. I’m glad to provide objective information, which will aid in making your birth plan. As we will get an understanding of how we might best work together as a team, I will use my training and experience to prepare you for labor, sharing pain coping techniques, physical positions for labor progress, and relaxation comfort measures. Between the times we meet in person, I can be reached by phone or email. Within two weeks of the baby’s due date, I am fully available to you for phone consultation until labor begins.
Once you believe you are in labor, you’ll call me. I’ll listen, answer questions, and make suggestions over the phone. Together we will decide if I should come over or wait. I may need up to 60 minutes to arrive at your residence or intended place of labor. Once there, I will stay with you and your partner, making suggestions for progress, ease, comfort, supporting you throughout labor until your baby is born.
I usually remain with you for one or two hours after birth, until you are comfortable and you and your family are ready for quiet time together. I assist with the initial feeding, providing hands on support with getting a good latch. I’m available to you by phone in the days following. If necessary, I can provide referrals to lactation consultants or other useful resources. We’ll plan a convenient time, usually within the first week after the birth, for our final postpartum visit. I will then come to your home, and we will have an opportunity to talk about your labor, the birth, clarify details of events that took place, receive feedback, address breastfeeding concerns, and admire your new baby.
My Loving Doula Services
• Free meet and greet interview
• One to two prenatal meetings in your home before the birth
• Complementary provider visit with your midwife or OB
• Generous phone and email support throughout pregnancy and postpartum period
• Referrals for additional services you may be interested in
• On call 24 hours a day beginning 37 weeks gestation until birth
• Personalized help in preparing and honoring your birth plan
• Lending Library, including books and printed material
• Labor Support at your home before departing to place of birth (unless it’s a home birth)
• Continuous Presence throughout birth, providing emotional, physical, informational support throughout
• Hands-on support with Breastfeeding
• Continuous Presence and assistance in the immediate postpartum period
• Postpartum Visit to review birth, get feedback, and provide necessary referrals
• On Call Back-Up Doula
After our meeting, if you decide to hire me as your Doula, I ask a retainer fee of $1000, due at the time of hire. The remaining balance is due at our final postpartum visit. Every woman should have access to a Doula. If you need accommodations, please feel free to contact me regarding alternative payment options, or to. To schedule a meeting, call or send an email to email@example.com with your name, estimated due date, contact info, date/time preferences to meet and anything else you’d like to share. I look forward to supporting you during this special time of pregnancy and birth!
I knew she was there and she just melted into the action, whispering in my ear, reminding me at every turn how strong I was and simply that I could do it.
A NEW MOTHER, SPEAKING OF HER DOULA
Completely in love with all things birth, Myla has unraveled related passions, and also offers: